- No more than 5 words per line
- No more than 5 lines (bullet points) per slide
- Every 5 slides, do something visually different (change placement of images, add new background color or transition, etc.)
- Remember: PPT is a visual medium. Try to relay content through images and use little text
- Use clear, easy-to-read fonts, at least size 30
- Put additional notes for the speaker to say in the "Notes" tab below the slide itself
Group PPTs due at end of class tomorrow.
HW: Prepare your spoken presentation over the weekend. Presentations on Tuesday and Wednesday. Effective presentations will demonstrate preparation and familiarity with material, eye contact, sufficient volume, ability to answer questions--NOT merely reading from the slide. Watch a TED talk if you need pointers!